Saturday, August 17, 2013

How often do you see your Artists (students)? - Part 2


Here in Aurora, Colorado we are already in our second week of school! Things have been going very well so far and it is looking to be a really great year.  I have some cool stuff in the works, that I will share with you all soon!
Our school is finally a full-grown PK-8 grade, and is now the largest school in the city.  Remember last year how amazed I was that I taught 750 students?  Well this year that number has gone up... it is now...


Wait for it...


1200!




Can you believe it? Twelve hundred students making amazing art; twelve hundred names to learn; twelve hundred smiles to earn.  I am pumped!

Our administration has been great with the jump in numbers and made sure the electives have enough staffing this year.  We are now offering 10 electives:  Boy's and Girl's PE, Band, Choir, Drama, Spanish, Technology, Entrepreneurship, Yoga, and little old me at Art.  It is so cool we get to offer all these classes this year.






No comments:

Post a Comment