Saturday, April 13, 2013

What is your biggest challenge?

The other day I had a art education collage student observe my class (hi if your reading this!).  She asked some really great questions, but one really tripped me up:  What is you biggest challenge?

I made some crack about a naughty student we had just had, but, of course, that is not true.  Students, even the most challenging ones, are still a joy to have.  Even though it sounds cliche, I really do love all of my students, especially the difficult ones.

So what is my biggest challenge?  I honestly have no idea.  Don't get me wrong, I have plenty of challenges in my life.  But, I cannot pinpoint one as the biggest.

Burnout maybe?  Keeping up with my personal art?  I am just not sure...

What do you think?  What is the biggest challenge to being an Art Teacher?

2 comments:

  1. love the pic! Challenges - one is organisation - just too much stuff to do (practical things usually, like cutting out things for templates etc.) - I hope to spend part of the summer holidays getting some of this done ready...Next challenge is finding the self-discipline to do that

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Summer is a great time to get organized! I usually spend all summer planning every unit I will teach next year. Too bad my plans almost always change by the second week of school!

      Delete